There’s no doubt how easy it is to host a website or blog with WordPress solutions. Not only do small companies use it, big companies are also investing in WordPress sites, just because of the wide range of management tools it offers. Launched as a tool for content writers to improve typography, WordPress has now become the best tool for any type of website with countless users worldwide, and millions of websites yet to come.
Can any other open source promise to offer what WordPress already has? Now, think about unique ways it has helped millions of users build products, all by themselves.
Why WordPress has become so popular? That’s due to the advantages it offers as an open source. For example:
- Open source gets better security because of the fact that it’s being used ransom people across the internet and they audit the code everyday
- Mostly, open source software is “free to use”
- In short, it offers users a lot of freedom of customization without spending a penny
Another major benefit of using WordPress is, you get thousands of plugins to make your website user-friendly. These plugins add features that WordPress does not offer by default. It also means you can explore hundreds of plugins that render similar features but with different functionality. Today, you’re going to learn about one of those features – Star Ratings. Plus, we’ will some Star Rating Plugins for WordPress that you can implement on your website.
Although, there is a built-in WordPress feature we know as “comments” that works as an alternative to ratings, there are few disadvantages and all lead to less engagement on your website;
- Comments are written text so you need a while to write them,
- There is always a possibility your visitors don’t want to spend extra time commenting about your product and leave the page,
- Comments section should have worthwhile information; otherwise you’re going to need extra time deleting irrelevant comments
- Misleading comments can easily affect your brand and there is a high possibility of that.
On the other hand, by using star ratings you can make it quick and supreme-easy for your users to add their opinions. With just a click they can leave their opinion on your blog or website. Today, it’s more than important for ecommerce site to add star rating, since online buyers don’t often stop to review products they bought.
If you’re convinced and want to explore star rating plugins for WordPress there are plenty available online. But we’ve chosen some of the best ones based on ease-of-implementation and how deep they can go engage your users.
GD Star Rating system is quite dynamic, has a modular approach and offers different levels of rating. This particular rating plugin helps you encourage users to rate almost anything on your blog. GD Rating supports your website for potential rating entities with each entity being accompanied by several rating types.
- Star rating is the basic-level method
- You can apply addons to enhance user-experience. For example, you can apply addons for comment integration, posts integration, Shortcake UI plugin support, feeds support, Rich Snippet support and Dynamic Load.
- With the help of “Posts and Comments” addons you can apply “”sort by rating” feature.
What else does GD Star Rating offer?
It offers each of the following for free:
- You will get 2 image base sets and 20 font-based icons
- The plugin comes with a set of built-in templates
- You’re getting a short-code for rating list as well as for rating block
You may want to opt for the Pro version for better flexibility. The Pro version supports:
- BuddyPress integration
- Thumbs rating system
- bbPress integration
- Dummy ratings,
- More fonts, and many other features
GD Rating System is WPSisu.com’s Editor’s Choice for The Best Star Rating Plugin.
Get GD Rating System Pro:
WP Post Rating
WP Post Rating is extremely useful and easy to use free plugin with over 100.000 installations already.
- It offers a number of rating images such as; 5-star image, thumbs up or thumbs down images.
- You can also use bars, squares, numbers or hearts to make your made more appealing."
What's more in it?
- This plugin allows you to set the rating value for each rating option.
- You can also set a restriction to prevent ambiguity - allow qualified customers/visitors to submit rating on your page/post.
Get WP Post Rating:
YASR - Yet Another Star Rating
Yet Another Star Rating may sound ordinary but it offers some remarkable features. The star rating plugin is based on "RateIT" an jQuery plugin which is enough to make it stand out. You can make your own reviews and/or let your visitors vote for posts, pages and products etc.
- YASR integrates user ratings in Google's search indexing, so every time someone rates your product, your ranking will improve.
- You can create multiple star ratings to highlight different aspects of your website.
Get YASR - Yet Another Star Rating:
Star Rating is one of the simplest, yet effective WordPress plugin that offers control and unlimited options to display your rating.
- With the help of shortcodes, you can display the rating anywhere you want.
- It enables you to put restriction on rating per visitor. You can make it unlimited or reduce it to one rating per visitor.
- The WordPress admin panel is responsive so you can use this plugin with any device.
Get Star Rating:
Like Button Rating
Like Button Rating plugin is best suited for those website owners who want to make their page rating to go viral. That means, you can add the ratings to your page, forum, post, WooCommerce products, custom post types or even comments. It is also easy to use, and comes with multiple custom themes for buttons!
- The plugin settings offer close to 80 parameter options
- Like Button Rating offers voting statistics and reports in real-time.
- Supports Google Rich Snippets!
- 100% mobile friendly plugin
- BuddyPress Integration
Get Like Button Rating:
MN Star Rating
MN Star Rating plugin is aimed to provide smooth user experience. It is rather complex of the lot, but still it can be installed and used fairly easily by a Webmaster. The plugin features AJAX which:
- Helps make user-experience more fluid
- CSS of the rating can be customized for immersive experience.
Get MN Star Rating:
KK Star Rating
KK Star Rating WordPress plugin contributes to make your visitors' on-page experience more animated and user-friendly. Plus, it makes every rating count.
- The plugin supports Google Rich Snippets so that each rating gets indexed on Google
- It offers multiple animations as the mouse is moved over the stars
- It allows you to set the number of stars
- There is an optional sidebar widget that shows top rated posts on your page.
BTW KK Star Rating plugin is in use also on WPSisu.com, take a look at that star widget at the bottom of this (and other) posts. It's quite handy way to collect general feedback about blog posts, and furthermore it helps to increase click through rate from organic search as rich snippets stars appears there - making it stand out from the rest!
Get KK Star Rating:
Rating Widget: Star Review System
Rating Widget offers a wide range of features. You may want to check it for yourself and decide whether it's worth going for. The only downside is, this plugin has its name plastered everywhere.
If you want to remove the branding, you have to pay $3.99/month. However, it's full of features and allows you to upgrade your tier status and get access to even more features.
- Post Ratings
- Page Ratings
- Comment Ratings & Reviews
- WooCommerce Product Ratings
- BuddyPress User and Activity Ratings
- bbPress Forum Ratings, Replies and Users (PROFESSIONAL plan)
- Custom Post Type Ratings
- Author Review Ratings
Get Rating Widget Star Review System:
These are some Star Rating Plugins for WordPress tailor made for your needs. Although, they serve have different purposes, if you want to explore more, there are hundreds of plugins out there. Or if you want just install the best one, you can follow our recommendation: GD Rating System is our Editors Choice for the best star rating plugin for WordPress website.
And if you want to make your own plugin, you can create one by getting your hands on coding and reference code from WordPress. As WordPress is an open source, it gives you a strong foundation to add different types of plugins and make your website highly optimized and user-friendly.
If you have any questions or comments, please leave them below, and don't forget to tell us what you think about this article about WordPress Star Rating plugins by clicking the star rating widget below. Your feedback is important for us, and it helps us to improve our website.