Before you choose any WordPress directory theme, can you tell what makes a perfect directory site? If you don’t know the right answer, we’d suggest you should continue reading instead of jumping straight to or list of 10 Best WordPress Directory Themes. Even if you know the basics, these lines can refresh your memory, or probably add some new tools/ideas to your knowledge base.
What makes a good directory theme?
A perfect directory site doesn’t only focus on getting and displaying listings. It must have below mentioned aspects to qualify as a great directory:
- Design and display: Interactive design with professional looks is extremely important. The homepage layout should be appealing enough to encourage visitors explore your listings
- Search options: The more search options you have, the better it is. We’ve seen Google Maps, manual or automated searches, categorical filtering and more. But, directory themes have gone beyond and much further.
- Ease of submission: Customers don’t wait to see their listings being approved and added, they want immediate results. Make sure you give them both options; ability to add listings on their own, submit request for manual entry (from the admin panel).
- Customer profile: It’s not just about computerized listings these days. People want to learn about and interact with businesses quickly. So, your directory site should provide them with valuable info before they even contact with the listing.
- Monetizing options: How many packages do you have? How often do you charge customers? What revenue points are there to charge your clients? Are you using only one payment method or are there other payment gateways? These are some questions a WordPress directory theme should answer in the best way.
Now, let’s move on to the list and see which directory themes have all these features, and what other features they offer.
DirectoryEngine is the product of EngineThemes that is as efficient and helpful as other purpose-built themes. The WordPress directory theme is comparatively easier to use than similar preceding themes. Plus, there are tools to help you put up your directory in no time.
Some important features include:
- Integrated guide that'll help you build your site and function it quickly.
- You can build your own custom layouts with the help of modular content blocks via drag and drop menu.
- You can also add content modules as widgets to any of the sidebar areas, for added flexibility in building page layouts.
- Front end submission forms make it easy for the end user to submit a listing.
- Related listings will be displayed continually regardless of the site speed, so that the viewer can view them.
- Responsive and mobile-friendly design helps browsing on the move.
Get Directory Engine :
Developer: PixelGrade / ThemeForest
Listable is one of the best WordPress directory themes for local and global directory sites alike. No matter if you're building a commercial directory website or community-based local directory, you can rely on Listable for sure.
Listable is WPSisu.com's Editor's Choice for The Best Directory Theme.
- It lets you create multiple payment plans through "settings" tab.
- You can also provide free-entry option to accumulate listings.
- For multiple pricing plans, there will be an auto-generated pricing table for the visitors.
- You can add search form on the homepage for your visitors to search listings easily.
- You can also add category icons to help your visitors narrow down search results.
- The website admin can add listings to the directory, either from the back-end, or through the front-end forms.
- The theme offers room for plugins, instead of offering a bundle of options. So, it prevents unnecessary bloating during WordPress installation.
Get Listable :
Developer: AIT / ThemeForest
When it comes to browsing the listings, Directory theme offers many different options, such as:
- integrated Google Maps
- search tool
- filter categories and/or subcategories
- city-wise listings, etc.
Even better! The theme has a Geo-tracker that lets you display listing of the nearest city based on the visitor's IP address. With mobile users searching for nearby locations, Geo-tracker has become more important for almost all directory sites.
Here are some more features of this particular theme:
- Responsive layout that fits all screen sizes.
- Plenty of options to monetize your directory: per listing basis, subscription packages, extra charges for specific categories etc.
- You can create Coupon codes to offer discount
- The directory theme supports PayPal out of the box. Plus other payment methods are possible via add-ons
- Custom form builder to create listing submission form for the visitors. Admin can manually add listings from the admin panel.
- You can import listings in CSV file format while creating new directory.
- You can allow users to create their profiles and get notifications about their listings.
Get Directory WordPress Theme:
Vantage is a business directory app theme that not only helps accept regular listings, but also lets you create event listings separately. You can create separate listings for events and occasions according to your requirements.
- Vantage has gone a step further, helping businesses collect payments and handle recurring payment issues on auto-pilot.
- Apart from supporting PayPal out of the box, Vintage has other extensions add payment gateways to the website.
- Vantage offers you to create 'Claimable listings' for local area businesses and featured businesses can claim them in exchange of a certain amount.
- Vantage isn't limited to cities listings. In fact, it offers larger geographical areas that cannot be divided into cities.
- You can change the appearance of your directory with the help of child themes included in the package.
Get Vantage Directory Theme :
Developer: aviators / ThemeForest
Superlist is amongst the latest WordPress directory themes and it's more straightforward than other themes in the market. It's a powerful yet flexible enough theme that can be used in several different projects. Here are some great things about Superlist:
- One-click installer constructs the website structure and populate it with demo content in just a few minutes.
- Online guide takes you deep inside this theme and helps you customize your content and listings.
- You can add different kinds of listings by choosing from a selection of custom post types.
- Custom post types includes automobiles, jobs, businesses, restaurants, real estate and others.
- With the help of Google-Maps you can empower your homepage to display the listings as markers.
- Customers can either click the map or use live search tools to browse your directory.
- You can apply different filters to help locate target businesses for your visitors.
- You can create multiple pricing plans and set levels to access them
Get Superlist :
Developer: Astoundify / ThemeForest
The reason why Listify is one of the best WordPress directory themes is because of combination of good looks with all the fundamental features. It lets you display background videos on your homepage, which can be your differential advantage on your competitors. Read below to learn more features.
- Along with the design and looks, Listify offers integration with popular directory-focused plugins, such as Resurva, WooCommerce Bookings, Open Table and Guestful.
- Dynamic plugin integration gives you an added advantage as end-users can make reservations with the listed businesses without having to browse their websites. This is a time-saving feature mobile users are going to like.
- Listify offers rich snippets support that promises to rank your website on search engines even with no visitors.
- The theme offers many options to charge fee on certain points; such as ad display, listing submission, claiming, viewing premium listings, accessing your directory and more.
- You can create your own unique fee structure depending upon your requirements.
Get Listify :
7. Search & Go
Developer: ElatedThemes / ThemeForest
Another latest WordPress directory theme, Search & Go features modern design to reflect innovative look of your directory site. You can use Search & Go on a wide variety of projects, such as; local listing sites, must-see events and items for sale. It lets you enable visitors to submit listings using front-end form for a certain amount or for free.
- Search & Go allows you to create multiple pricing plans as many as you like
- You can collect payments via PayPal through fully automated process, or add other modes of payments.
- The directory theme offers premium Visual Composer to help customize your webpages quite easily.
Get Search & Go :
8. Business Finder
Developer: AIT / ThemeForest
Business Finder is a popular WordPress theme that's integrated with PayPal. It also helps you bill listing owners on recurring basis and collect payments via Paypal.
- You create multiple packages with unique features and prices
- You can create (or let your clients create) individual image gallery for every listing. Plus, you can add links to relevant social profiles of these listings.
- Business Finder features Geo-locator that allows a random visitor to find nearest listing based on his current location.
- There are 5 different headers you can place on any page of your choice, including Revolution slider, Google Map or static image.
Get Business Finder Theme :
SpotFinder is designed by Templatic. Basically, it's a child theme for the Directory framework. So, you'll have access to all the features of Directory theme, plus a fresh appearance to your website.
- Although SpotFinder suites property listings more, it's versatile enough to benefit any type of business and niche.
- SpotFinder theme is integrated with Google Map, allowing visitors to see what type of businesses exist in a certain location. Furthermore, they can zoom in and click on individual listings to get more details.
- The directory theme offers full-width layout, responsive design, profile pages for members, monetizing options and more.
- SpotFinder is available for $39 separately. A package of SpotFinder and Directory theme costs $129.
Get Spot Finder :
Developer: JavoThemes / ThemeForest
To start with, Javo offers great-looking homepage layouts. It allows you to cover the background of the homepage with full-width images and the image slider rotates to show your best listings only to impress and engage your visitors with your website. Here are some more features:
- Javo lets your visitors browse the listings on Google Map, and find detailed information as they navigate and click on the marker allotted for a particular listing.
- Individual listing pages offers ample amount of space to add text and relevant images of the business. Moreover, users can leave their feedback and share their experience with the community.
- Javo features Visual Composer page builder that offers a drag and drop menu to add attractive elements into your pages. You can create custom page layouts, too.
- You can add image sliders and dynamic content into your pages or posts with the help of premium Slider Revolution that's been incorporated in the theme.
Get Javo :
Here you go!
Hopefully we’ve just made your search tasks easier by sharing 10 best WordPress directory themes for any type of industry/niche. Listable is WPSisu.com's Editor's Choice for The Best Directory Theme.
Don't hesitate leave your questions or comments below, thank you for reading!